Breast Cancer Community

Lump in the breast

I'm 27 years old and have recently found a lump near to my armpit in my left breast. There is some movement but feels quite solid and is painful to touch. Can anyone give me any advice before I go see my doctor as if it could just be a swollen gland due to a viral infection I don't want to waste their time.

My first reaction is that is it never a waste of time to go to your dr. with a concern, especially a lump in your breast.  It could be a swollen gland, or cyst, or something I can't think of to name.  What I've been told many times before is that pain is typically not associated with cancer.  Having said that, though, go get it checked out. It's not worth putting off.

Warmly,

Chris
Healingwell62
Breast Cancer Community Leader
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.