Breast Cancer Forum

Lump under arm

A couple of days ago I felt pain under my arm.  Today I noticed there is a bump the size of a grape.  I called the doctor and they told me that since now it is red (possibly from my touching it trying to figure out what it is), it sounds like either a bite or a pimple so they would not see me.  I am very worried because this has never been there and it doesn't feel like either.
Dear Ark82:  It is not uncommon to have an ingrown hair or pimple under the arm.  Give this a week or so.  If it does not go away or if it gets larger, give your doctor another call.
I too have just noticed lump under arm, actually i had one about 3 weeks ago and it dissapeared after 1 week.  Now I have it back again and it's really sore, it's a bit red, but not itchy or anything.  Should I see a doctor?
A couple of months ago I noticed a lump under my left arm. It is just at the point of my arm meeting my armpit.It has since gotten bigger now about the size of a small walnut), and tender at times. Other times it almost feels itchy for lack of a better term. IF I hold my arm out in front of a mirror I can see it. If I grasp the skin on either side I can feel it. Is this an area that may be a node or might be breast cancer related? I am not sure as this isn't exactly in my arm pit. Please relay any information that may be helpful. Thank you.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.