Breast Cancer Forum

Lump under my arm

I have been going through a lot of stress lately at work and my body has been reacting to it.  Probably not related to stress but a wart suddenly appeared on my arm. Also I believe these are related to stress, I developed a rash(hives) on my neck and the bottom part of my ear all of a sudden began to swell. I did go to the doctor and she gave me some cream to rub on my ear and some different cream for my neck and she frooze that wart on my arm. I did have a fever the day I went to the doctors but I felt fine. That night when I went home I began thinking that my arm pit hurt that morning when I put deodorant on. So, I felt under my arm and there was a lump about the size of a pea. It was alittle sore. Now four days later the lump is almost gone. Is this something that I should be concerned about. Is this a trait of a cancerous tumor or lump?
Dear prose:  This sounds more like a pimple or ingrown hair.  This is not typical of cancer.
I am 33 years old.  I do not know anyone in my family with breast cancer, now or in the past.  Several months ago, when I was taking a shower, I felt my under pit a bit sore.  I ignored it, but as the time pased by, I kept cheking to see if the soreness was still there, and yes, it was.  I really did not pay any attention. Not untill cuple months ago, when I felt a lump in my right breast on the rigth side of it.  When I knowtice, the lump was the size of a dime at that time.  This really has me concern because everytime I take a shower, I check the lump and it is getting bigger, now it's the sizes of a quater, maybe a bit bigger.  My breast, always feels sore and when I press the lump, it hurts.  I don't have any medical insurance, my husband became unemployed on January of this year.  I have always had private insurance, but know I do not know what to do. Are these syntoms related with breast cancer.
My husband developed a lump under his armpit it did break open and puss then closed back up, it has gotten hard and feels like it is large inside and filled up he keeps putting ice on it with the hopes it will go away, we can't afford to go to a doctor there is no money for one can anyone tell me what he should do to make it better please
I too have had small lumps under my arms associated with breast pain. I am 37 years old with saline implants. I had a mammogram back in 2/04, which came back negative. I still have soreness in my breasts and armpits, but have no explanation as to why. My doctors feel no "mass" and are not concerned. But I feel as though I should be. Technically, I am not scheduled for another mammogram until I am 40.
Should I persue this?
I just found a small pea size lump under my right arm pit last night and tonight when i checked again it was a bit bigger.
Is it just a swollen lymp noid?
I've had small lumps under my armpits for the past two years.  Manual breast exams show no lumps and mammograms have all been negative.  These small lumps are painful and uncomfortable.  My doctor has placed me on Keflex on 3 seperate occassions.  No change was noted.  He has recently placed me on a stronger antibiotic, which I've been on for two weeks.  But the condition hasn't gotten any better.  What other test should I request to help me determine what's going on.
Sounds like it could be in inflamed hair follicle. I had a friend who had the same thing and after testing(mammo's, and finally biopsy) it was found to be just that....it can be very painful.
Good luck.
Bet
Zm - Please get your armpit lump checked out.  I did, and it turned out to be an enflamed lymphnode due to the 3 tumors I had in my right breast.  I was diagnosed with stage 3 invasive ductile carcinoma.  A mastectomy, chemo and radiation are all behind me now.  Don't ever dissmiss the signs your body gives you.  Even if you have no health insurance, it is better to go on a payment plan than to die.  Good luck!
THANK GOD YOU WERE PERSISTENT.  HOPEFULLY SOMEONE WILL HAVE THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS OR THE "SURGEON" READS YOUR POST.  MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU. KEEP YOUR FAITH THAT YOU WILL ALSO GET THROUGH THIS AS WELL.  I TOO HAD A NEW CANCER 7 MONTHS AFTER LUMPECTOMY AND 8 DOSE DENSE OF AC&T.  I HAD A BILATERAL WITH IMPLANT RECONSTRUCTION.  I WONDER IF THESE "NEW" CANCERS ARE AS YOU SAID THERE ALL ALONG AND JUST MISSED.  I AM ON THE EAST COAST AND DID GO TO SLOAN IN NYC.  NOT FAMILIAR WITH WEST COAST AND THEIR CANCER CENTERS. HOW ABOUT MD ANDERSON CANCER CENTER IF YOU ARE WILLING TO GO TO TEXAS?  DON'T GIVE UP.  IT IS WORTH THE FIGHT.  GOD BLESS AND HUGS.
Last Sept 04 I was diagnosed with 3.2 cm node positive BC. ER/PR neg HEU2 neg, which was MISSED by mammagram, I felt a lump and the US confirmed it. At the time I asked for scans to be sure it had not spread, they said there was no need since I had no symptoms, I knew this was wrong but I was scared and wanting to get the cancer out. I had a mastecomy and node removal followed by dose dense chemo, I couldn't handle the taxol and stopped after one treatment. anyway..I had reconstruction with tissue expander starting in March. And thought I was well on my well to recovery... silly me!. Oct mammagram on remaining breast was normal... but I thought I was feeling a lump in my arm pit. I talked to my doctor who thought it was just a swollen node. Finally I convinced him it wasn't going away, 2 days ago I had a fine needle biopsy,,, cancer. Same type as far as they can tell... they can not figure out where it came from but believe its a new primary. I am scheduled for a PET scan in 7 days. I have a couple of questions here.... is it possbile for this "new" cancer to just pop up that quickly or could it have been there the whole time I was going thru treatment? If it was there would the scans have caught it? Now I'm am faced with another mastecomy, which is fine but none of the doctors here do masectomy with immediate reconstruction.What is the best facility to have masetomy with immediate reconstruction done on the west coast (Oregon).. I do not have the money to travel to the east coast. And I do not want to use any of my muscles for reconstruction so I guess I'm stuck with implants... ONE more question why isn't there any other treatment then Chemo for ER/PR neg cancer???

thanks in advance for your quick response.
I am 37 years old.  Last year I started experiencing soreness in my right arm pit which radiates down my left arm.  At an appointment with my family doctor, I expressed this concern to her.  She felt that it was only swolen lymphnodes and had an xray taken and bloodwork.  Nothing came out of this as nothing was found in the xray.  The pain continues and under my arm is ususally always swolen and sore.  There were no breast lump concerns at my appointment last year and I continue to do self exams and find nothing.  Do any of you have any opinions of what this could be?  It worries me and is painful.  Should I be consulting another doctor for a second opinion?
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.