Breast Cancer Forum

Lump under right nipple

My daughter, who is 10 years old, just came to me this morning complaining of pain when she presses on her right nipple.  It has a lump that is hard.  (Her left nipple is soft.)  She is not in puberty yet and I am very concerned.  I have a history of cancer in my family.  I plan on calling our doctor tomorrow for an appointment, but I'm just wondering if you can share your thoughts on what could be causing this.
Dear camillr:  Breast cancer is not an issue in young girls who do not yet have developed breast tissue.  However, if there is a lump, it should be evaluated.  It could be many things but it would be wise to rule out anything serious.
Thank you; I feel a little better.  I was able to get an appointment with our primary care physician this afternoon, so I plan on following through and getting it looked at.  Thanks again for your quick response.
I have the same problem ecept i am a 15 year old guy

exact same problem right nipple lumpy thing
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.