Breast Cancer Community

Lump underneath armpit

As I was taking a shower yesterday I noticed that I had a small lump in my left armpit. At first I thought I had a pimple or and infection but it didnt have a white tip and the lump seems to be under my skin. Should i immediately make an appointment to see a doctor? It's beginning to hurt. I was doing some research and it seems to be obe of the earliest symptoms of breast cancer. Is it possible to have cancer at age 23?
Usually a painful lump in the armpit is not indicative of breast cancer.It could be something as simple as a cyst or inflamed hair follicle.For the time being,avoid antiperspirant ,apply warm compresses, use an antibacterial soap and see how it goes in a few days.
In case the symptoms persist, please consult your health care provider or a dermatologist because lumps under the armpit that don't go away is concerning since lymph nodes are also present in this area and should be evaluated.
Best wishes...
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.