Breast Cancer Forum

Lump

I am a 33 year old over weight female. Last night while bathing I found a pea sized knot in the center of my right armpit. This has me very worrried. I am currently on my period so i am hoping maybe that is the cause. I had a mamogram roughly 2 years ago that came back normal. Should I be conserned???
Thank you
Dear sandy1969:  If this is a pea-sized knot in your armpit, it could be a pimple or ingrown hair.  I would keep an eye on it for a week or so.  If it does not go away, you should call your doctor.
The lump is not visable its under the skin. I can see it, only feel it. Could it still be a pimple or something like that??
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.