Breast Cancer Community

Lump

I have had breast cancer at the age of 38.  This was 6 years ago when I was diagnosed.  I had a mastectomy on the right which was the infected breast.  After 6 months of chemo and a few months of recovery I had the left breast removed profilatically.  My questions is, would they have left breast tissue in the left breast under the armpit?  I now feel a lump in that area and I am concerned.

You will have to get back and discuss with the operating surgeon that whether lymph nodes under your arm pit were removed at the time or not. The chances of breast cancer metastasizing to the lymph nodes especially the sites that you mention are very high. Your treating physician will tell you what needs to be done next and would probably advise you to get an USG and colour doppler and maybe a repeat mammography done. You should follow with all the relevant investigations at the earliest.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.