Breast Cancer Community

Lumps

I often have sharp pains shoot accross my left breast into my nipple. I recently found two spots in my axillary area which are tender to the touch and hard. I am not sure if they are muscle or what. The tendernous and spots are only in my axillary and not in my breast. I also have implants which makes in difficult to exam my entire breast. Should I see a doctor or is there something I can do at home to know if there is really something there?

Thank you

How old are you? Since how long have you noticed the lumps?

Underarm lumps are axillary lymph nodes which could be enlarged secondary to infection or even trauma. They are usually enlarged when a new deodorant is used, after shaving or waxing the underarm area.

Have you been on regular follow ups for your breast implants?

This could also be fat necrosis or scar tissue but nothing can be said with surety without getting the relevant investigations got done.

Have you got an ultrasound done as yet and have you got a clinical examination got done by a physician? This would help in coming to a confirmed diagnosis.

Let us know if you have any more doubts and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Let us know what your doctor advises.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.