Breast Cancer Forum

Lymph node swelling

My right breast cancer was diagnosed in April of 2008, 15 months after my first abnormal mammogram.
When my first mammogram was performed I could feel enlarged lymph nodes at two sites. One was my
right axilla and the other was my left groin.
My question is: Does the left goin enlarged lymph nodes indicate a possible site for metastasis? Should
I be addressing this issue with my radiation oncologist?
My mass was 2.5mm and very close to the chest wall and skin. Receptor positive and no lymph node
involvement (one cluster of 4 nodes).
Thanks,  Barb
Dear Barb:  It would be unusual for there to be positive lymph nodes in the groin of a person with otherwise lymph node negative breast cancer.  If this is enlarged, you should point it out to your doctor, either oncologist or primary care physician.  
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.