Breast Cancer Community

Malignant Phyllodes

I have been diagonsed with malignant phyllodes tumor. I have two daughters and two grand-daughters. My question is: Is this a gentic thing that would put them at a highter risk for breast cancer, especially this type? Thanks!
Hi.

Only 10% or all cancers can be traced to a genetic familial linkage, and so would not readily translate to your children and grandchildren acquiring the risk of cancer.  Moreover, this risk is studies in patients with classical breast cancers such as invasive ductal or lobular cancers.  Phylloides tumors are in a different category, and the mode of genetic inheritance of this is all the more unclear.

I would just suggest that your children and grand children undergo routine mammogram screenings (age 40 or earlier) to detect early cancers if ever.

Regards and God bless.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.