Breast Cancer Community

Moles

I am 35 weeks pregnant and keep developing moles on the dark skin around my nipples. One very small one has fallen off. I have a larger one which has nearly all come off - it's now attached very slightly but can bleed when knocked. I can't feel any lumps. I am worried about this and also intend to breastfeed. I'm apprehensive about seeing a doctor as I am living in Spain with limited language.
Certain breast skin lesions are common in pregnancy. These are usually benign and are related to hormonal and other changes in pregnancy. But what you describe is a little unclear. Are these pre-existing moles? Or new skin lesions developing as the old ones heal? Well, you definitely should be able to find a doctor who understands your language. You need to get a clinical evaluation done because bleeding from the skin lesions cannot be neglected. Only a clinical evaluation will help with the diagnosis and further management. Goodluck.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.