Breast Cancer Forum

My 12 yr old son has a solid nodule behind his nipple. I am concerned.

My 12 year old son showed me a solid nodule behind his nipple.  It is hard to the touch and is under his right nipple.  He said it has been there about 2 weeks.  It hurts to "flex" his muscles.  Is this normal for a boy or should I see his pediatrician asap?
Thank you.
Dear Hovank, What your son is feeling is most likely from a benign (non-cancerous)cause.  Male breast cancer is rare, but one out of every 150 cases of breast cancer involves a man, usually in men over 60 years old.  Although a painless breast lump is the most common sign, most breast lumps in men are benign (non-cancerous) and are related to some other cause.  The first step in determining what the cause might be in your situation would be to have it examined by your pediatrician.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.