Breast Cancer Community

No Faith in Doctors?

I have a discharge from my left nipple that looks like milk and/or slightly discolored brown, and absolutely no pain or discomfort.  Having it checked out the Doctor squeezed even more discharge out of it...He mentioned a blocked milk gland, and suggested sugery. I really don't trust him, and am scheduled for a mammogram. I am just terrified that if it is a sist or something other than that the mammogram pressure might cause it to burst. I stopped taking hormones a year or more ago, after having taken them for many years.  I also wanted to ask what is the test for checking hormone levels. My primary doctor never even mentioned that?  
Discharge from the breast when pressure is applied isn't all that abnormal. The blocked milk duct sounds quite reasonable. If you don't trust the Dr. you saw, why not get a second opinion ?? If you don't feel a lump I doubt that a cyst is involved and a mammogram wouldn't cause one to burst; it will however no doubt produce more of the discharge you describe.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.