Breast Cancer Community

Pain in Left Breast

Hi, I am a 36 year old woman experiencing a lot of pain in my left breast.  There is also a large lump which is tender.  I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago but was left with my ovaries.  I have been to hospital twice to get these pains and lumps checked out and twice they have told me there is nothing in the lumps to worry about.  I was advised to change my underwear and take Evening Primrose Oil.  I am worried about the recurring pain and lumps as my cousin was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years ago when she had her first mammogram.  Can you give me any advice please?
If you aren't comfortable with the opinions you have received up to now I would advise you to see a Breast Specialist who will no doubt order some type of imagery (Mammogram and/or Ultrasound) as a diagnostic tool to investigate these lumps. From your description it sounds very much like Fibroadenomas which are benign breast tumors or possibly even cysts which are also benign. These findings are not at all uncommon in women of almost any age. The pain and the development of these two findings can be related to hormonal levels in the body. You might also consider eliminating caffeine from your diet. If your Sister was diagnosed with breast cancer then you should be having yearly Mammograms done NOW even at your age of 36. I would suggest that you discuss this with the Breast specialist when you see him/her. Regards ....
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.