Breast Cancer Community

Pain on the Underside of the Left Breast

I'm 16 years old and I'm not sexually active, (never breast fed, been pregnant, or had anything done in relation to my breasts). I'm experiencing pain in my left breast, on the underside close to my ribcage right above where the bottom of a bra's padding would be. It's happened a lot actually and it's never varied in location, which is why I'm a little concerned, aside from the pain. It hurts to put a bra on or have tight-ish clothing against it. The pain comes and goes without a pattern (it can be weeks before it happens again), I understand that breasts can get sore or tender before, during, or after your period, but this doesn't feel the same at all. I'm 5'8", 160lbs, and I wear a 38D bra size if that helps at all. I know that's a lot of information, but I'm hoping that it'll help figure out what the problem is.

This discussion is related to Bad pain in left breast.
Pain below the left breast could be caused by a wide range of reasons.From what you describe,this doesn't sound like breast cancer to me,especially at your young age and also because this disease is almost never associated with breast pain.. Maybe the discomfort is related to a pinched nerve,bone inflammation, or pulled chest muscle due to certain exercises or strenuous activities.Also gastroesophageal reflux disease could cause the pain you are experiencing.
As you can see, the causes could be many and if you haven't seen a doctor yet,I would advise you to do so, to conduct a physical examination and various diagnostic procedures to zero in on the underlying cause.
Take care...
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.