Breast Cancer Community

Pain under my scar tissue

Last Friday evening I sudenly felt pain in my left breast.  I had a lumpectomy less than 2 years ago.  I had a perfect recovery.  Now I had this strong pain right under my scar up to the inside area of my nipple.  The pain lasted for about one half hour.  After the strong pain subsidded, I still felt tender inside under the scar area.  Twi days later, the breast still feels tender.

This discussion is related to Breast cancer scar tissue?.

It has been quite some time since your surgery.

Nothing can be said with surety but this could be pain due to scar tissue formation.

Do you notice any abnormal feature like breast lump, skin changes or nipple discharge on breast self examination?

What is your age?

It would be best to consult your doctor for a clinical examination.

Till then you could try some warm compresses, local analgesic creams and oral pain relief medications.

Let us know how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.