Breast Cancer Forum

Palpable duct?

I recently underwent a modified mastectomy of the left breast and am undergoing chemotherapy.  My lump was 2.5 cm and I could definitely feel it. My question has to do with what I am nowfeeling on my right breast.  I don't feel a lump but seem to be able to trace a duct or tube in roughly the same spot as was on my left breast. Seems to go from the upper outer quadrant to above the nipple.  Should I be able to feel anything like this? Or, does that fact that I can feel it indicate there is something hard inside it? It does not seem to be a lump like what I had on the left.
Dear maryb:  This could be a fibrocystic change as they commonly feel ropey.  However, given your history, it would be prudent to have this examined by a physician.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.