Breast Cancer Community

RIGHT BREAST PAIN AND ITCHY

AM 41YRS OLD, I HAD A BEGNIN BREAST SURGERY ON MY LEFT BREAST WHEN I WAS 19YRS. NOW I NOTICED, MY RIGHT BREAST IS GETTING LARGER AND DISCOMFORT,IT ITCHES 2 WEEKS AFTER MY PERIODS. DO U THINK ITS NORMAL?

This discussion is related to Breast itching.
Hi there.

Hormonal changes in the body which usually coincides with the menstrual periods can result in these breast changes.  The itching can be due to this, or more commonly from possible dryness on the skin or fungal infections.  I suggest you still undergo screening mammograms yearly so that any abnormalities can be detected early, specially if you feel something abnormal going on with your breasts.  I also suggest you take this to your doctor to have your breasts examined properly, for he may see or feel things that the patient would not notice.  Regards and God bless...
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.