Breast Cancer Forum

Radiation and Scar Tissue

I had breast surgery about 13 yrs ago.  I'm in great health and feel wonderful.  I eat right, drink only reverse osmosis water, stay away from food additives (aspartame,splenda etc.) as much as possible. I started spitting up blood about 3 years ago. It lasted a few months then went away.  In Feb.2006 it came back.  Sometimes I feel a pulling in my chest if I get in certain positions.  I've been careful not to extend that area becuase I have spit up blood when I do.  I have no pain.  Can the scar tissue from the breast cancer cause this problem? If so what can you do for it?  I'm a Veteran and am in the process of getting a CT ordered.  The chest x-rays and the test with the scope down my throat, was clear.  Thank you.
Dear Cathy Rose:  Spitting up blood is not a side effect of breast surgery, particularly if it was 13 years ago. Spitting up blood is not normal and should be evaluated by a physician.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.