Aa
A
A
A
Close
Breast Cancer Community
9.44k Members

Random burn between armpit and right breast with a small lump or nodule

I am 52 years old and still have my period. In the last few weeks I have been experiencing a burn in between my right armpit and breast accompanied by a small lump or nodule. I'm out of town and away from my general practitioner for 8 more weeks. Is this something I should be worried about or is waiting 8 weeks safe? Please advise. Thank you, Gina

This discussion is related to Burning pain in breast.
1 Responses
587083 tn?1327120262
Hi Gina,
Usually painful lumps are not indicative of breast cancer…It could be anything such as a cyst, an infection or a swollen lymph node. Nonetheless a lump near the axilla area is always concerning and over the internet it is difficult to estimate what it could be without proper investigation. Please have this seen by your doctor and undergo work up such as mammogram and ultrasound. This will be much more reassuring to you and will certainly reduce your stress. Waiting 2 months until you see your doctor is not very far off but I think it’s better if you could contact a Breast clinic or a nearby hospital for a breast exam, just to make sure things are fine.
Best wishes..
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.