Aa
A
A
A
Close
Breast Cancer Community
9.41k Members

Reconstruction HELP!

I have cancer in my right breast. The two tumors are small  6mm and 8 mm but due to the fact that there are two I was told I  need a mastectomy of that breast. I had previously had reduction surgery about 10 years ago. I desperately want reconstruction surgery at the time of my mastectomy but don't know which way to go. My abdominal area is not good for the Tram procedure since I had a previous abdominal surgery and two c-sections.

I was wondering what your experience is in implants (saline vs. silicone) and the other tissue reconstructions that take the skin from the back or buttocks. All advice/preferences would be much appreciated. I am due to have surgery in two weeks and am meeitng with plastics soon! THANKS!

2 Responses
326352 tn?1310997895
I don't know what type of abdominal surgery you've already had, but I had 2  c-sections (1 c-sec about a year before my tram) and was able to have a tram.  

326352 tn?1310997895
I don't know what type of abdominal surgery you've already had, but I had 2  c-sections (1 c-sec about a year before my tram) and was able to have a tram.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.