Aa
A
A
A
Close
Breast Cancer Community
9.42k Members

Right Breast Excision

I had a right breast excision on September 2, 2009 and am still experiencing a lot of pain in my breast as well as my arm.  Is this normal.  I notice that it hurts more in the cold weather and after I exercise at the gym.  Please advise as I am worried.  I have not yet called the surgeon that did my surgery
1 Responses
962875 tn?1314213636
You did not say whether you  were found to have BC, so this may not apply, but a recent report indicated that almost half of women reported continuing pain after BC surgery. Associated factors were younger age, adjuvant radiation therapy, and more extensive axillay surgery.

If you are experiencing swelling in your arm as well as pain, you might want to get checked for lymphedema, as early intervention results in better control.

Best wishes...
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.