Breast Cancer Community

Right Breast Excision

I had a right breast excision on September 2, 2009 and am still experiencing a lot of pain in my breast as well as my arm.  Is this normal.  I notice that it hurts more in the cold weather and after I exercise at the gym.  Please advise as I am worried.  I have not yet called the surgeon that did my surgery
You did not say whether you  were found to have BC, so this may not apply, but a recent report indicated that almost half of women reported continuing pain after BC surgery. Associated factors were younger age, adjuvant radiation therapy, and more extensive axillay surgery.

If you are experiencing swelling in your arm as well as pain, you might want to get checked for lymphedema, as early intervention results in better control.

Best wishes...
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.