Right Breat Pain

I just had my baby four months ago and since then my right breast its been hurting with a burning sensation and not only my breast but all of my arm and right side of my chest. I am 21 years of age, I am very scared i went to see a doctor and she told me that she was feeling my milk glands still there, but since i stoped breastfeeding 3 weeks after my baby was born she said they shouldn't be there. I very concern because my mom had breast cancer too! Can it be canceR???  I can't sleep at night because I'm always thinking that is cancer and I'm getting depressed.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I would agree with japdip that it's most likely related to your recent delivery and not anything to do with breast cancer. You shouldn't be losing sleep over it---especially since a four month old is already causing you to lose
sleep! Take japdip's advice and see another doctor, preferably your own
OB/Gyn or a breast specialist. Even though you're not currently breast feeding, I would lean toward a blocked milk duct or possibly mastitis (infection in the breast). Only a doctor can tell for sure, so please see one until you get an answer regarding what's going on and what the treatment should be. Hopefully, you'll recover quickly and be able to get as much sleep as your baby will allow!
Wishing you all the best,
nc
Helpful - 0
I certainly would doubt cancer from the symptoms you have described. If that's all your Dr. had to say I would ask about having an Ultrasound if you are still worried. I tend to think this could likely be associated with your recent delivery and the hormonal levels that can cause many symptoms. Either see your Dr. again and keep asking questions OR make an appointment with a Breast Specialist if you don't get any satisfactory answers from your own Physician.  Regards ....
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer Community

A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.