Breast Cancer Community

SCAR TISSUE BLOCKING FROM FILLING EXPANDERS

I HAD STAGE 3 CANCER IN OCT WITH A DOUBLE MASCETOMY. I'M FINISHED WITH MY CHEMO AND HAVE BEEN HAVING MY EXPANDERS FILLED. IN 93 I HAD RADIATION IN MY RIGHT BREAST MY CANCER CAME BACK IN THE SAME BREAST JUST A DIFFERENT KIND OF CANCER MY FIRST CANCER WAS TUBULAR AND THIS ONE IS LOBULAR. THE RADIATION HAS CAUSED SCAR TISSUE PRETTY BAD MY LAST FILL SESSION I COULD FEEL THE SCAR TISSUE RIP. MY PLASTIC SURGEON FELT IT ALSO THE PAIN WAS VERY BAD. MY DOCTOR SAID HE WOULD HAVE TO DO SURGERY BEFORE WE CAN DO ANY MORE FILLS. HAS ANYONE HAD THIS HAPPEN TO THEM AND HOW LONG WAS IT BEFORE THE SURGERY HEALS.
I HAVEN'T BEEN ON MH IN AWHILE AND MISS THE GOOD ADVICE I GOT FROM THE  MEDICAL COMMUNITY AND FELLOW MH SUPPORTERS.
THANK YOU,
DEE
Hi Stranger .... the release of scar tissue shouldn't be such a big deal. I'm not sure how long the healing process would be but your Plastic Surgeon should have some idea. It's always somehting, isn't it ??   Good luck and kindest regards ....
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.