Seepage from milk duct?

This is a strange question, and might not be the right forum - but here goes...

I had a breast reduction in 2000. It was a C cut I believe, where they cut underneath the breast in the shape of a C and I have a scar line up the center of the breast to the nipple. So I guess it is a C with a center line.

I have had 3 children since my reduction, and was able to partially breast feed. I never got much production of milk, and ended up only being able to provide partial milk, and for only a few months per each child.

I have very fibrous breasts, and I have recently had breast pain, and pain into the arm/armpit on my left. I have recently had a spot, near one of my scars on the left breast (the vertical line down from the nipple - about 1" below my nipple) which has squished out a kind of light brownish milky substance. Is this from an irritated milk duct after breast feeding, from after the surgery - or should I be concerned about cancer? My last child is now 3, and I haven't breast fed since he was 4 months old.

I can't feel any different lumps, as my breasts are like I dunno - popcorn... (lol) very lumpy. And although I do exams, they have been pretty useless so far. There could be a spot where there is pain where there might be more of a lump, but I couldn't say for sure.

I know it is a strange question, but would appreciate any input. THANKS. : )
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you for the advice. It is appreciated.
Helpful - 0
If this discharge isn't from the nipple itself I don't see how it could be from a milk duct. I don't really think that I would be terribly concerned about breast cancer but this could be some type of infection within the breast itself (like an abscess) and I would certainly see your Dr. about it. If this is some type of infectious process it needs to be diagnosed and treated. Since you do have lumpy breast tissue a breast exam by your Dr. is definitely in order and then perhaps some type of imagery such as an Ultrasound to determine the true nature of this discharge.   Regards ....
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer Community

A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.