Breast Cancer Community

Should I be concerned?

I've had a lump in my breast for almost or more then six months. Thought it would go away on its own but is still here. It is not squishy, it is not round, it's probably 3 quarters of an inch long and half an inch for the width. Breast cancer does not run in my family, lung and other types do and heart conditions. Don't know if breathing problems relate to this topic either but i just got an inhaler for chronic bronchitis/COPD/ emphysema/asthsma. What do I do? Is this lump a concern?
This is not a question that can be answered over the Internet.

The only way to determine what a lump may represent is to see your doctor for a clinical breast exam, and then imaging studies if the doctor believes it  is indicated.

Best wishes,
bluebutterfly
Breast cancer doesn't run in my family either but my dr. found a lump on the left side of my left breast (It's been there for a long time but I didn't tell her that) that's not sore. What concerns her is that I have lymph node swelling on my left side neck, under arms and ribs. Having a ton of testing next Wed. Do you have lymph node swelling too under your arm? It's important to check. My advice is to get it checked ASAP. I didn't and now this lump may have caused me more health problems. Hoping the best for you :)

Good luck with all the testing. I'll be hoping for the best for you, too.

Please keep us posted on how things are going. okay?

Best wishes,
bluebutterfly
Just wanted to let you know that I ended up going to the clinic. And my doctor told me that because I can feel what's under my skin and my hands can too it makes it appear to be something it's not. Doctor showed me how to properly check my self, and said not to be concerned. And that big breasts usually have lumps through out em all. On the side note. I hope the testings come back clean for you. And I will be praying for you. Keep mules posted if you need someone to talk too. All the best wolf monkey
Please indeed, anytime there is node involvement run don't walk to the Dr.   I knew I had a lump, but it was only when all the lymph nodes on the same side of my body were swollen and I had a low grade fever that I went to the Dr.  And indeed it turned out to be DCIS or stage 0 cancer.  Still had to have a mastectomy because it was right behind the nipple but it is gone and chances of return are about 1% so feeling good about whole thing.  One thing I learned....listen to your body!
Thank you very much :)
I've had low grade fevers for about 2 months now. Thank you for telling me your story. Glad you are doing well :)
Indeed, keep us posted.  You know we are keeping you in our prayers!
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.