Breast Cancer Forum

Significance of Grade/Activity

I am wondering how significant my histologic grade (Grade 1: arch. 3, nuclear 1, miotic 1) and Ki-67 proliferative activity (less than 5%) are in terms of prognosis.  I have stage IIIA invasive lobular cancer (T3N1M0) and am obviously looking for some good news! Also, could the low activity rate be due to having had chemo prior to surgery, or would it have stayed the same?
Dear Jo2:  The histologic grade is one of a number of factors associated with breast cancer prognosis.  These factors are favorable, although the stage is probably most predictive.  Chemotherapy probably did not change the mitotic rate but your pre-operative biopsy could be compared to be certain.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.