Sore painful breasts

Hi I went to hospital a month ago for a lump in my left breast and both my breasts were sore and they gave me meds for it and a date for a mammogram but now my meds are finished and the soreness is back and I get these sharp shooting pains in both breasts and when I press on the left one there is this waterish fluid coming out my appointment is only for Feb 2014 I would really like a second opinion because I can't even lay on my stomach the way my breasts is sore especially the left one where the lump is
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A lot of women have breast tenderness and pain,called Mastalgia.It may come and go with monthly periods due to changes in your hormone levels.
Nipple discharge is normal and very common when the breasts are squeezed and it's rarely a sign of breast cancer.
Avoid nipple stimulation because it can actually make the discharge persist.If you stop squeezing the nipple,most probably the discharge will also stop.
The good news is that the vast majority of breast pain is not cancer, especially when the pain is bilateral.Most often a lump could be a cyst or a Fibroadenoma (both benign) These lumps are very common and are  known to increase in size and tenderness due to hormonal changes. Avoiding foods and beverages containing caffeine, such as coffee, tea, chocolate and soft drinks, can decrease water retention and may help  alleviate the discomfort.Also try to limit your salt intake.
Hoping that your Mammogram will clarify things for you and confirm benign findings.
All the best to you and good luck!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer Community

A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.