Breast Cancer Forum

Tenderness under right breast

I was diagnosed in 2006 with right Breast cancer and finished all treatments in December 2007.  It was early stage 1 with no lymph node involvement.  I recently had a revised reconstructive surgery (April 2008) to have the implant in my right breast enlarged.  The plastic surgeon indicated that she had to pull some of my skin up to accommodate the implant.  Within the last 2 weeks, I have been experiencing tenderness under my right breast (on the rib) which is aggravated when I wear a bra. When I don't wear a bra, the tenderness seems to go away, or is not all that noticeable.  I currently have bi-annual follow ups with my oncologist (last one in April 2008) and everything is clear.  Was just wondering if the tenderness is possibly a result of the recent reconstructive surgery or should I get my Doctor to do further tests given my history.
Dear Hottie2,  It sounds like the tenderness could be attributed to the recent surgery.  You may want to check with your surgeon who could assess this for you.  

A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.