Breast Cancer Community

Underarm lumps while breastfeeding

I have a painful lump under each arm in the same place. I am breastfeeding and my daughter is 6 months old. I have no breast problmes that I know of.  I did shave recently so I am hoping they are swollen lymph nodes from that. The are painful and movable. Any suggestions as to what it can be?
Hi!

You may have a blocked milk duct(s) that's triggering the nodes to swell. Or (and about this I'm not sure) perhaps the nodes are reacting to the breast feeding alone.  Please go see your OB/Gyne and get it checked out.  What you are describing does not sound like cancer -- go see your dr, ok?

Warmly,

Chris
Healingwell62
Breast Cancer 1 & 2 Community Leader
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.