Breast Cancer Forum

an unpainful pea size lump for over a year under my left armpits

i just turn 18 this year and i have a pea size lump under my left armpits.it has been there for a year already.but the lump does not hurt.my familly do not have any cancer history..so is it cancer...im so afraid...X<
Dear Hanami:  The general rule of thumb when a lump is identified is that it should be evaluated by a doctor.  That it has been there for over a year and has not grown or changed makes it unlikely to be cancer.  Further, cancer is very unlikely in an 18 year old.  Nonetheless, it may be a good idea to have a doctor do a check in order to get a baseline exam, help determine what this might be and give you some guidance for the future.
A related discussion, Pea size lump under armpit since 2010 was started.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.