Breast Cancer Forum

armpit lump

I am 35 years old and recently noticed a nodular-type lump in my my right armpit area.  It is somewhat painful to touch and also in the area surrounding it.  It has not changed in size over the past 3 days, nor have I found any other nodules/lumps in the general area. I have not been sick lately, nor on any medications.  Could this be a serious problem, and would you recommend that I see my general practioner or an OBGYN?  

Thank you for your time.
Dear TAC, There could be a variety of causes for the occurrence of a lump, and does not mean that it is due to a serious problem.  The first step in having the lump evaluated would be having it examined by a health care professional, your general practitioner is fine.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.