Breast Cancer Community

armpit lump

I woke this morning with a painful lump under my right arm.  I only realized there was a lump because It felt as if my bra was too tight or something.  I have had swollen glands on both sides of my throat the past few days on and off.  Pain in the back of the head/cervical area over about a weeks period of time with severe pain.  Do I need to be concerned, should I seek medical treatment or wait a few days, weeks?  How do you know if it is serious or not?

From the description that you give, these look like enlarged lymph nodes.

These can be enlarged due to infection etc. An armpit lump can be felt enlarged due to shaving, waxing, using a deodarant and other infectious causes.

The throat lumps you mention could be due to some throat infection.

You could wait for a few days, and see if the lymph nodees decrease in size. If not, you would need to consult your doctor and you may need to take an antibiotic course.

For the pain in the neck region, it would be best to take OTC pain relief medications and apply some local analgesic gel. It would also help to do some neck exercises.

Do let us know about the progress.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.