Breast Cancer Forum

armpit lump

my fiance is pregnant and has a lump in her armpit that just developed a month ago and the doctor scheduled her for a biopsy. my question is if it turns out she has breast cancer does that mean we will lose the baby due to treatment? She is only 7 weeks along in the pregnancy. please get back with me as soon as you can. thank you.
Dear mackwell36:  If breast cancer develops during pregnancy, doctors will generally develop a plan designed to keep the pregnancy viable.  If this turns out to be the case, you might look for an oncologist at a major medical facility who has experience working with breast cancer during pregnancy.  
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.