Breast Cancer Community

biopsy

need advice to relax. my mother ( my world!) had a lump removed yesterday for a biopsy. the doctor said he was 90% sure it was not breast cancer. then she woke up this morning in a lot of pain. we took her too the emergency room and after the doctor examined her he said it was a hematoma(spelling?) and it wasnt life threatening. we were so scared it was a blood clot. now she is home and wrapped in bandages. i cant handle it. i am sure she is fine. she gets the results on tuesday. has anyone had a hematoma? will she be ok? just looking for reassurance/. thank you
Hi.
Hematoma is a complication of surgery.  This can occur when hemostasis is not completely controlled.  This can produce pain on the surgical site as a result of pooling of blood and stretching of the surrounding tissue.  Pressure dressing can be applied to help resolve this.  If the hematoma is big, there may be a need to evacuate the blood clots.  Pain reliever may also help relieve her of any pain.  I’m pretty sure your mother will be ok.  
Please do post the result of the biopsy.
Good luck and stay positive.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.