Breast Cancer Community

bone metastasis

hi to all.My mother was diagnosed recently with breast cancer and had a mastectomy done.the doctor said that out of 13 lymph nodes removed from her armpit, 11 had cancer. she is right now on chemotherapy with something that the doctor called an AC regime.All her workup tests showed negative for cancer spread.but now she has got low backache.She had a slip disc few years back.could the recent pain be due to cancer spread to the bones? The bone scan was negative when done one month back.or is it simply another attack of what doctors call sciatica?? please help.im freaking out here..

You need to see your doctor for a clinical examination - only after which can the confirmed diagnosis be established.

It could be either doe to the slip disc or sciatica or even possibly due to bone metastasis - the chances of which are the rarest.

Let us know what your doctor advises and also about how your mother is doing.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
Thank you Dr.Bhumika for your valuable advice. I shall do as you have instructed.

Glad the post was of some help.

Let us know about how she is doing and what her doctor's advise.

Also post us if you have any doubts.

Regards.
Dr, I have a doubt about the stage of breast cancer my mom is having right now.
She is 51 yrs old, diagnosed with an infiltrating ductal carcinoma (scirrhous type) of her right breast.Initially there were no palpable lymph nodes( thatz the word the doctors used). She underwent a right sided modified radical mastectomy and 13 lymph nodes were removed of which 11 had metastatic cancer deposits with extracapsular spread( pathologist report).The mastectomy specimen showed two tumour foci, one measuring 2.5x2x2 cm in upper outer quadrant and the other measuring 1.5x1.5x1cm in the central quadrant and both were grade 2 infiltrating ductal carcinoma ( pathologist report).
Her pre-op workup including bone scan,ct chest and lungs,ultrasound of pelvis and abdomen and chest xrays showed no tumor deposits.She is her2neu negative and er/pr positive.her ca125 level and cea levels were normal.
What is the stage of her breast cancer and what is the average survival rate according to her stage??
Here is a link to staging information.

http://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/diagnosis/staging.jsp

What is the stage according to the breast specialist?

It would be best to consult the treating doctopr about the stage of cancer as this would vary with the details of the patient.

You could raed about teh staging at the following link -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breast_cancer

Let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards.
Thank you members for your valuable advice and reference sites.

Glad the post was of some help to you .

Let us know about how you she is doing and if you have any other doubts. Keep us posted.

Regards.

A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.