Breast Cancer Community

breast biopsy

I am a 30 year old woman.  A few months back my boyfriend felt a tiny lump.  The lump was tiny and pretty hard to see with the guided needle biopsy. However they saw it and I had biopsy done on my left breast a few months ago.  It turned out to be beign and was just something to have to do with the ducts?  Anyway, now months later there is a good size lump there that you can feel just by barely touching it and it is very painful.  Is this something that is common after a needle biopsy?  Or is this something that could be serious that I need to get checked out.  I do have breast cancer in my family history.
If there's a hardness or stiffness at the biopsy site, what you feel as a lump might
be scar tissue build up... but, I don't remember my scar tissue hurting after I had
my 2 breast biopsies. Sensitive... yes; but not something that I would describe as  
painful. Go ahead and have your doctor check it out.
It may also be a cyst, they are, or can be very painful.
hey, katarina... we're up late again!
So, what keeps you up at this ungodly hour?
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.