Breast Cancer Community

breast biopsy

Had Mamogramm and Ultrasound today. Both did not show anything worrying. However they attempted to drain my lump on my left breast and no result. They have took a biopsy as they do not know what it is. The Consultant said it could be a benin lump. However they could not be sure and the biopsy will let us know if it is cancerous. I do not get the results for another week. Does anyone have any reasuring info. Thanks  
I don't quite understand your statement that nothing worrying was found yet there was an attempt to drain a lump in your breast. Evidently this was presumed to be a cyst but could also be a Fibroadenoma since the drainage procedure was not successful. Fibroadenomas are benign breast tumors and are usually just left alone unless they become so large that they cause considerable discomfort. Waiting is not easy but it is necessary and your answers will come with the biopsy report.  Take care .....
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.