Breast Cancer Community

breast biopsy

During my anual exam, a lump was found in my breast. My PA sent me in for a mamogram, and a ultrasound. After the mamogram was completed I was sent to a second waiting room to wait while a Physician viewed it. After he ordered an additional shot he came back for a conversation, letting me know I would not be needing the previously planned ultrasound and I was to set up an appointment for a biopsy. This preplexed me. I was wondering if you could give me your thoughts on that situation. It seems to me the ultra sound would only help any futher and deeper views that may be needed before a decicion like that was made.

This discussion is related to Fibroadenoma.
Answered in response to the post above ....
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.