breast lump recurrence

Hi. Im 21 years old. i had two breast lumps since i was 16, and recently had them removed as my new gynea was worried about them. they were found to be both Fibroadenomas, now after 6months i found another lump, close to the ones i had removed. it doesnt hurt unless i press it really hard. should i be worried about it?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
from what ive read, lumps for women in early 20s isnt unheard of. what did your first biopsy say? lumps do vary in sizes over time, for eg,  according to your hormones, or just before/after your period
Helpful - 0
Sorry i forgot to say im 24. And very very scared.
Helpful - 0
I have breast lump its been there over two years and when u first noticed it i had it checked an they took a biopsy now after two years it has got bigger and i went to the doctor and in my notes it say's they didnt even take a biopsy cause it was to small ao been reffered back to the breast clinic im so scared.
Helpful - 0
It isn't at all unusual for Fibroadenomas to recur. They are benign breast tumors and can either be left alone or removed surgically if they become troublesome. One thing to remember though is that anything new or different involving the breast should be ck.d out  .... at your age probably by Ultrasound. I wouldn't worry about this but I would have it ck.d out ....   Take care
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer Community

A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.