Breast Cancer Community

breast lump

my mom has a breast lump in her right breast and it is itchy and sometimes painful.
is this a sign of brest cancer?..

pls answer pls.. i am worried

my mom is 54 years old..
How are you? How is your mother?  Was there a previous injury to breast? Is there a family history of breast cancer?  A breast lump is a growth of tissue that develops within your breast. There are many causes of breast lumps. Some of these causes are harmless, while others can be dangerous. Lumps in a woman are often caused by injury, infection, fibrocystic changes, fibroadenomas, cysts and even cancer. It would be best to consult a doctor for proper evaluation of the breast lump.

Take care and keep us posted.
A lump in the breast can be caused by many things but I would advise you to encourage your mother to see her Family Physician so that he/she can examine her breast and perhaps order a Mammogram to find out exactly what is going on. This could be something very simple but it's best to find out for sure.  
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.