Breast Cancer Community

breast lump

I do worry of my breast since i have 2 breast biopsy in a year and turn out to be fibroidenoma, one on the right and the other on the left.  i just have a question,  now seem i have lumps on the left breast and one is located the same place as the original lump which has been removed last year and the other one is in a new place.  my question is it going to be increasing possibility the lump i find out now which located at the place i got biopsy is cancer or there is no relation with that.  i will meet my surgeon in 2 weeks, i am just too nervous about that.  thank you so much for trying to respond my question soon
Hi!
The results of your previous biopsies is very good news! The fact that you are experiencing further "lumps" is not unusual given the diagnosis of fibroadenomas (which can recur and/or occur in other areas of the breast)  There is at this time no indication of any of these lumps being cancerous, and the fact that you had a biopsy and lumpectomy in the same general area does not indicate cancer either.
Meet with your surgeon and go over the ultrasound/mammogram results and proceed from there.  Should he decide a biopsy is needed, followup appropriately.  Your risk for developing a cancer is not higher given your previous results.
Take care and keep us posted!
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.