Breast Cancer Community

breast pain

I had a lumpectomy on August 7th of this year.  The surgeon also biopsied 2 lymph nodes which were negative.  My breast has been more firm since surgery and I was told it would soffen up in time.  My question is up until yesterday I have had no pain.  Now I have pain in the area where the lymph node biopsy was done.  I thought it seemed strange I am all of a sudden experiencing pain upon movement of my left arm.  Is this normal?  

Also, I am doing chemo and having been experiencing eye twitching.  Is that a side effect of chemo and if so will it go away?
As far as the side effect of the Chemo; that is a question for your Oncologist.
The pain may well be associated with the surgery; possibly some scar tissue that is interferring with the motion of your arm. If this continues or gets worse you might consider seeing a Physical Therapist trained in Lymphedema treatment for some gentle stretching exercises that may be of benefit.   Regards ...
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.