Breast Cancer Forum

breast red multiple spots

I am extremely worried that i have breast cancer, even though I am only 16. Two nights ago i was coming out of the shower and started to dry off when i noticed i red spot on my areola and i thought it was nothing. But a couple minutes later I looked in the mirror and saw 9 spots in all. I am very scared and I need someone to answer this question
Dear BAilli:  Skin on the breast is like skin anywhere else on the body and is subject to a variety of abnormalities, including pimples or other rashes.  Spots on the areaola is not a common presentation for breast cancer.  Further, breast cancer in a 16 year old is extraordinarily rare.  You might want to show these to your mother and if these spots do not go away, you should have your doctor check them out.
A related discussion, breast hot spot was started.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.