Aa
A
A
A
Close
Breast Cancer Community
9.44k Members

bruise on breast near nipple

hi i had a small ache in my left breast lastnight and when i looked i had a good size bruise on the breast above my nipple, its looked like a love bite, you know with the reds dots of blood as if they were just under the skin, i havent hurt it or banged it recently and its definatly not a lovebite, i was worried in case it could mean sonething is wrong. its now gone but i still have a few tiny red dots where it was. i just wanted an opinion as id read somwhere to report any breast changes to the doctor but have also been very ill with the flu over last 4 days so could it be anything to do with that, thanks
1 Responses
Hi,
It would be very difficult to comment on the lesions without having a look at them.
From the description you give this could either be - an allergic reaction, petechiae, ecchymosis etc.
Petechiae are tiny, flat, round spots, under the skin, caused due to bleeding.
An allergic reaction could have occurred leading to a rash. Also tight clothing or trauma - accidental due to rubbing etc could have caused the lesion. Ecchymosis is a small hemorrhagic spot in the skin.
Have you noticed any abnormal feature on breast self examination? You should wear lose clothing, keep the area clean. If there is a rash or itching apply calamine lotion and take anti allergic medication.
If the red dots still persist after a few days consult your doctor to get a clinical exmination done.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.