I decided to put off the surgery.
My thought would be to put off the surgery ... it certainly isn't something that needs to be done immediately. True, the microcalcifications seen probably are benign in nature but I would still put the augmentation on hold for now. You could ask for an opinion from the Radiologist if you're still undecided.
Wow!! This exact same thing happened to me a month ago. I was scheduled for a BA on May 29th, and on the 28th I got a call back saying they needed more views for microcalcifications that were new. It's a really difficult and scary situation to be in for sure. I called my plastic surgeon right away and he said that the best thing to do was have the biopsy done and reschedule my BA. He said that my health was more important, and there would be risks involved (rupturing the implant) during the biopsy. I was heartbroken, and very scared. I canceled my BA and went ahead with the biopsy. The whole process ended up taking about three weeks. I went to have the stereotactic biopsy and they were unable to do it, so I ended up having to find a surgeon, make an appointment with her for a consult, and then schedule an excisional biopsy. Long story short it was benign, thank God! I just had my BA on 6/26.....four days ago, and I am doing great and have peace of mind. I hope by me sharing my experience with you it helps a little.....what a weird coincidence. I wish you the best of luck and if there is anything I can do, or other questions you have please email me.