Breast Cancer Community

complications from tram flap surgery

Had tram flap surgery 1999 for Breast cancer. Shortly afterwards feet stayed cold and started turning bluish black. Could this be from nerve damage during surgery? Have had vein and artery tests, all normal.

Congratulations on being a long-term breast cancer survivor!

I have read many reports of complications related to tram flat surgery, but not this particular one.

The symptoms sound more like a vascular problem than possible nerve damage/impingement, so I' glad you've had  "vein and artery tests."

It would be difficult to determine after all these years just what triggered the problem, but if it has gotten progressively worse, it would be advisable to have a thorough medical workup, if you have not done so recently.

Best wishes,
bluebutterfly
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.