Breast Cancer Community

cyst under nipple

I've been to an OB/GYN and have had a mammogram and breast sonogram for a lump under my left nipple.  They diagnosed it as a cyst.  This was about 2 months ago, and it just went away.  (BTW I am 46)  A couple days ago my dog stepped on my breast and the cyst came back and it hurts SO badly.  Is this normal for the cyst to come back?  What can I do about the pain?

This discussion is related to very small but hard lump under nipple, should I be concerned?.
Sorry, it was an ultrasound, not a sonogram.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.