further node removal

Hi, I had a bilateral mastectomy in july with the sentinel node removed. I was initially told it was negative but a week later they said they found less than 1 mm tumor deposit. I am scheduled to have my implant exchange surgery next month and they would like to remove "a few" more nodes as well as scrap the pectoral muscle at the same time. I have already completed 8 rounds of chemo and begin tamoxifen next month and I am wondering if this surgery is really necessary. They say it's about a 10% chance of there being anything found. I am concerned about increasing my risks for lymphedema and wouldn't the chemo have treated my whole system anyway? Any info or advice would be great, thanks.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Dear sunflowergirl, We cannot give advise and recommendations about an individual patient situation.  We do not have all of the information needed to give a good opinion.  You may want to consider a second opinion with someone who could discuss with you the risks and benefits of this further surgery in context of your individual situation.