Breast Cancer Community

harden areola

my wife has a hard like a quarter nipple.  The hardeness is in the inside and i pressed and is hard.  the sore is inside the nipple around the nipple

This discussion is related to infected small white lumps on ariola.
Hi there.

From what you have described, this can be due an underlying infection causing abscess formation (collection of pus).  This can be treated with antibiotics and/or incision of the area to drain the abscess.  Other uncommon causes would include Paget's disease of the breast, with an underlying associated breast nodule.  I suggest you have this looked at by your doctor to have a more accurate picture.  If this is indeed infection, he may give a course of antibiotics.

Wishing you all the best.   Regards and God bless.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.